Friday, February 10, 2012

The clutch that got away

We all lay in bed at night sometimes imaging the one thing that would make our lives complete and think coulda, woulda, shoulda.  For me, that missing piece is a clutch. I know I'm probably crazy for having so much regret about a little bag but this bag was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.  The clutch I am referring to is the 2009 Michael Kors Coral Python Envelope Clutch with coral and gold chain (pictured below).  I stumbled across it during one of my many mall trips during a break from school and fell in love.  The store manager told me that the one I was holding was the last one and he could not sell it to me but he would look up others stores and see which ones still had this bag.  I checked out the price in the MK catalogue and it said $1300. Yikes. I was ready to walk out of the store right then when he popped his head up and said a store in CA had it for $300 .... I guess the bag was on sale because it had been out for a few months.  Anyways, for some ridiculous reason I passed and did not buy it.  My one shopping regret is that I was not able to own this fabulous piece of art and to this day I think about how much better my life would be if I owned it.  I know I am getting super emo about a bag but everyone has something that makes their heart flutter.  For some its boys, others its food... for me it's a Michael Kors clutch... and I'm not ashamed lol.


Because of this unfortunate missed opportunity, I implemented the two week rule.  Some of my close friends know what this is but most do not.  If I see something I just NEED to own but it is a bit pricey, I try it on and take a mental picture in my mind but do not buy it. I wait two weeks and if I am still thinking about the product, I finally give it a home in my closet.  It has worked out very well for me thus far but I will always remember the clutch that got away.

No comments:

Post a Comment