Wednesday, February 8, 2012

It's like trying to find gold in a silver mine...

Jewelry.... Gold v. Silver


Many people think it is ok to mix massive amounts of gold and silver jewelry.  To them I say "Nay".  The only thing I think when I see a wrist dangling with gold AND silver bracelets is damn thats ugly.  The one exception I have to this rule is when one bracelet contains both gold and silver.  In this case I keep it simple.  No need to add anything to an already beautiful piece of jewelry (example: David Yurman bangle).  I will never leave the house with conflicting colors of metal... ever.  There's something to be said about the elegance of both understated and overstated MATCHING jewelry.






On another note, I think we should all be wearing as much gold jewelry as we can while we can.  In a few years we will all have our platinum engagement rings/wedding bands (Harry Winston!!) and that is when we will only be able to wear serious jewelry.   

No comments:

Post a Comment