Thursday, February 9, 2012

OMG that's so pinteresting!

This one is for my Pinterest challenged friends (echem.. Miriam, Men, Mum lol)

Pinterest is so huge right now for those of us who have had a chance to get into it.  For those who have not, I thought I would give a little rundown of the benefits of pinning. First, a guide to getting started.

1. Have a member of pinterest invite you to join.
2. Sign up/email/password
3. Find your friends (it usually prompts you to connect to Facebook friends)
4. Create Boards (folders)
5. Find clothing/recipes/workouts/jokes you like and pin them
Done
This might be Greek to many of you but for that, you have me. A board is like a folder. Let's say I want to organize my favorite outfits into a group, I can create a board called "clothing" or "fave outfits" and every time I find a picture of something I like, I can tell that picture to go into the folder.  It's like Facebook with consumer products and no dumb statuses.

Since Pinterest came around, there has been a huge boost in online shopping as well as overall creativity.  The thing Pinterest does that other social media outlets do not, is that it allows the user to share his or [mostly] her personality with her friends without words.  They say a picture is worth a thousand words and this is just that... a photo journal of each individual user to share with the world.  On top of that, by clicking on the picture you like, you have the ability to go directly to the store's website to buy it. This has turned into online shopping in a very fast way.  Instead of browsing through Urban Outfitters online catalogue or countless boutique websites, you can pinpoint exactly what you want and purchase it in seconds.  Pinterest has given a whole new edge to e-commerce and I think it is here to stay.

P.s. - Because of Pinterest, Birthday/Valentines day shopping has never been easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment