Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Friends with Flair: The Miriam Iken Story

Name: Miriam Elana Iken
Age: 23
Race: Whiter than snow
Occupation: Guidance Counselor/Youth Group/Gangster
Style type: Trendy/Hippy with Israeli influence
Strengths/staples: Scarves/cross body bags
Best trait: Teeth/Eyes

I met Miriam in third grade when I switched temples and started going to Temple Israel Hebrew School in Natick.  Unfortunately she did not comprehend how fantastic I was at the time but soon just like everyone else, she became obsessed with me.  While we all are guilty of making some fashion mishaps in our past, I regret the attention I have given to Miriam's particular "mistakes".  We are at a point in our lives where I can honestly tell her when she looks terrible now and I hope she does the same for me; However, she has grown into her own style and embraced her colors/fits/flattering outfits and frankly has made me a little bit jealous.  Middle eastern style has always been a distant cousin to US fashion but Miriam has been able to incorporate both into her daily clothing choices allowing both east and west to collide.  Israel is a country all about peace and freedom and overall love for one another and love for God.  These ideals are reflected in Israelis day to day styles.  People are constantly wearing comfortable flowy tops and pants with different tribal print accessories that also reflect Israeli culture.  Miriam is able to take these traits and incorporate them into her choices.  For example, she will wear a skinny jean (very US) with a sheer flowery tank and light scarf (very Israel).  She chooses neutral prints and solids as well as colors that compliment her skin tone. 

Overall I give Miriam an A on creativity... i also take some credit for being such an unforgettable influence on her life. lol jk. YOU GO GLEN COCO!

No comments:

Post a Comment