Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The wedge

As previously mentioned, heels are not my best sport.  As a very top heavy person, it is important for my to wear shoes that will keep me from falling forward lumberjack style.  Wedges seem to fit the bill.  I have only found a few pairs of wedges that I like... most of them are ugly. If you're wondering if yours are, they are. I own three pairs of good wedges although I will only discuss two. Pair number one and I started our love affair in the spring of 2009.  I was looking for shoes I could walk on the awkward Quinnipiac paths with (super weird paving stones) and I figured wedges would be my best bet.  I came across a Tory Burch catalogue because someone I lived with was ordering the logo flats (like the rest of the fucking world).  These baby's caught my eye immediately. I wanted to rent a vacation home and pop out a couple kids with these shoes.  $300 and three years later, we are still happy as can be and I believe they still sell them at select Tory outlets.  Pair number two are from Bakers... not my favorite store as the stuff there is cheaply made but these Boardwalk wedges are uber practical.  Plain black velvet-type material.  I have only had them for a couple weeks and I have already worn them to work, out to bars, and just boppin' around town. Be sure to get them a size smaller though because they are huge.  

<---Tory Burch Bovary Wedge


Bakers Boardwalk Wedge-->

No comments:

Post a Comment